The BS Programme is of four years. The first and second year of the programme is comprised of some core courses on chemistry, basic sciences and social sciences as per the guideline of HEC. In the third year courses on separation techniques, spectroscopy, natural products, unit processes, industrial stoichiometry, nuclear chemistry and radiation chemistry are conducted. In forth year the students select four elective courses of their choice as per his/her own need of specialization and carry out a project on his/her area of specialization.
In addition to class lectures, experimental activities and final year projects, mandatory internships are also arranged for Industrial chemistry students. Undergraduate of BS Industrial Chemistry Programme are provided learning opportunities through internships in various prestigious local and multinational companies e.g. Archroma, Siddiue Sons, PCSIR, Abbot, Capco, Novatax, Pak Oasis, Gul Ahmed, Soorty, Mactor Pharma etc. Moreover, Each year BS Industrial Chemistry Students visit at least one research or industrial facility to get real insight of the working procedures.
Mission Statement of the Programme
The BS programme in Industrial Chemistry (BSIC) is specially designed with emphasis on the application of scientific knowledge on industrial problems.
Measurable Objectives of the Programme
- To produce industrial chemists with awareness on the importance of chemistry in the industry.
- To provide students with the skills required to excel in local industry, academic and research institutes.
- Graduates of this programme would be able to conduct qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis using modern instrumental techniques in laboratories for quality and/or process control.
Learning Outcomes of the Graduating Student
- An ability to apply knowledge of Industrial chemistry, science and engineering.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve industrial chemistry problems.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- An ability to use techniques, skills and modern chemical tools necessary for Industry.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
Visit http://www.neduet.edu.pk/undergraduate_admissions for Admission Criterion of BS Industrial Chemistry Programme